Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Evil Stevil Jumps Again: A Retrospective Look

Hey guys. haha not sure if anyones checking this blog anymore. for those of you who are though, i just did a post on our film with a butt load of frame grabs. check it out.
amazing work guys. great job on the film. We can all be proud f what we've done.

Monday, April 14, 2008

The Film is Done.

Enough said.

Friday, April 4, 2008

GROUP MEETING TUESDAY AT 1PM - ALL PLAN B MUST ATTEND!

THE FOLLOWING IS A COPY OF THE EMAIL I JUST SENT TO EVERYONE:

Hey everyone,

First of all, great work so far guys! Things are looking good as we enter the last week of production on our film, and it seems like Evil Stevil may actually get to jump again. I was talking with Frank, and as we head into crunch time we think it is important to set a new meeting date:

IMPORTANT GROUP MEETING TUESDAY AT 1PM. EVERYONE SHOULD ATTEND AND HAVE FINAL SOURCE FILES FOR EVERY ONE OF THEIR SCENES AVAILABLE ON THE SERVER OR ON A HARD DRIVE OR DVD (THIS INCLUDES COLOURED FLIPBOOK FILES, BACKGROUND PSDs, AFTER EFFECTS FILES, ETC.).

I know it is not at our standard "official" time, but we don't have the luxury of waiting until Wednesday afternoon to get together again, so consider this an official meeting.

As everyone knows, all of the composited scenes are due in the folder on the server by Monday at Noon, and at that point Frank and I (and anyone else who is inclined to help) will begin to edit the final cut of the film together. After we've had a chance to go through all of the scenes that were handed in and put them into premiere (while editing on Monday) we will be able to scrub through the film and see if there are any fixes that need to be made (whether in compositing, painting or in timing the animation etc.) or if any scenes are still missing. This is what we will discuss on Tuesday, and it is why you should have your files available (in case any of your scenes need to be fixed either by you or by someone else). Also if there are any missing scenes at that point we will have to make some decisions about whether they can be finished or whether they need to be cut from the film. Anyone who might want to contribute to decisions about what scenes need fixed should be there Monday night after we get all the scenes all into premiere and can scrub through them (as we will be creating a list at that point).

I am sending this group email and posting this on the blog in hopes that everyone finds out about the meeting before Tuesday. As we discussed with Tony several times, people should be checking their email regularly so with any luck there will be no problems. That said, if you see people from the group around the school let them know about this meeting in case they don't get the email or check the blog.

Thanks everyone! Good luck!

Rory

Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Wheelchair

Hi everyone, here's the basic colours for the wheelchair. I saw that the wheelchair was grey in the colour script so I kept it grey so stevil won't blend in with the wheelchair.

I drew a quick wheelchair from side view (will have this up on the server tomorrow!)


Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Wanna see some screen Captures?

Check it guys. I composited one of my scenes last night. It's not final, I still have to add in some lighting stuff and I'm not totally satisfied with the composition. But it's getting there.

Monday, March 31, 2008

IMPORTANT MEETING WED APRIL 2

So this wednesday we need to have a very important meeting. Lately a few people haven't been showing up, but the ENTIRE group needs to be there this Wednesday, so spread the word.
We need to use Wednesday's meeting to go over everyone's progess, but more importantly to make sure every scene is accounted for and there are no scenes MIA. This is it, 7 more days until everyones scenes must be done and ready for the final week of editing. Also, I know some peope are ahead of others, so we can use this meeting to balance the load for anyone who's behind.

Some quotes for possible credits :)

Having lunch before I hit the scanners at school, I figured I'd search up some evil knievel quotes!

I would always rather be in the arena fighting than be a spectator.

I did everything by the seat of my pants. That's why I got hurt so much.

I guess I thought I was Elvis Presley but I'll tell ya something. All Elvis did was stand on a stage and play a guitar. He never fell off on that pavement at no 80 mph.

I thought I was bulletproof or Superman there for a while. I thought I'd never run out of nerve. Never.

I've been in a treatment center for drinkin'. I stayed for two days, then escaped.

You come to a point in your life when you really don't care what people think about you, you just care what you think about yourself. (I like this one a lot)

There were a lot actually. It's hilarious, Evil K has these random quotes on world politics and the environment, scattered inbetween quotes about how many bones he's broken and how fast he's gone XD

Oooh some more good ones!

[last lines]
Evel Knievel: We have very little choice about our life. The only thing really left us is a choice about our death. And mine will be...
[camera pans across the Grand Canyon]
Evel Knievel: ... glorious!

Oh Evil K. <3 <3 <3

Sunday, March 30, 2008

Vast Desert Final Line


Hey whats up guys,

heres the final line version for the desert layout. I'll have this up on the server for those who need it tomorrow.

Later guys, keep working hard!

- Nabs

Saturday, March 29, 2008

CAN OF PEAS COLOUR MODEL

Hey guys, I just wanted to address a colour inconsistency I noticed with the pea cans. I noticed that in some of the BGs the pea cans were red and in other they were green. According to Jason's model sheet the can should been green. Which makes sense cause evil stevil's gloves are red. Here's Jason's colour model for the pea cans. Also, for the pea's themselves, use this as the colour model too.



Friday, March 28, 2008

DQ-painting problems

if you have not worked out your painting problems
I can help if you need it
I am in friday today

DQ

Thursday, March 27, 2008

Coloring Help

I've been trying to color my scenes the past two days but i cannot get it to work. I click fill tool or pencil or any paint/pencil/erase tool and it does absolutely nothign to the image on home or school computer. Anyone knows what's worng or encountering the same problem?
Thanks

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

COLOUR MODEL UPDATE

*IMPORTANT UPDATE*

I updated the Death Colour Model...The colour of his bone was too close to Evil Stevil's Jump Suit, So I fixed that. All the correct colour models are now on the server with instructions on how to import the colour palette into flipbook (thanks to kayla). However, if you grabbed the colour model for Death off the blog post before tonight, you have the WRONG colours. I just updated that post with the PROPOR colours. The End.

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

fun stuff

fun take of evil stevil by lisa





Friday, March 21, 2008

Death - Colour Model

Here's the colour model for Death...again..sorry for the pixelated quality, no worries, the actual clean up won't look like that if we scan it at a high enough resolution lol. But yeah, just to repeat what jack was saying...the colour models are to be followed through out the entire film. Any change in colour through mood will be achieved with filters during the compositing stage. (refer to earlier post for the ES colour model.) I'll throw all of these files, as well as the flipbook file I coloured them in (with the palette) on the server next week.

colouring

hi guys, i will have something for colouring bg by the next meeting on wednesday,
as for now, if you are ready to colour,

1)please colour your animation following Frank's colour guide for Evil Stevil
2)FRANK, can you put up a colour guide for death as well, if its in previous post, would u mind
reposting again, thanks!
3)Kayla, since your the only one having to do crowd characters, please use my colourkeys
to colour the crowds. if u have questions lemme know, ill be @ skoo on monday and tomorrow(sat).
4) there might be some colouring affect(lighting) that i want to try, so please do not combine
bg layer with character layer yet. Just colour your animation for now is enough and don't even
output them into avi YET.
5) for ppl colouring the dead stevil(sq3), could u wait again until thursday, having said that, please go ahead and colour death if you wish. again, im also looking into a glowing effect for stevil.

keep you guys posted.

Thursday, March 20, 2008

Evil Stevil - Colour Model

So here are the colour model sheets for Evil Stevil. I coloured these in FlipBook...so the palette has been created and saved. I'll drop it in the server next week along with these pages. It'll all be in a new folder called "COLOUR_MODEL". I'll also post the colour model for death either tomorrow or saturday. Let me know what you think so far.
PS. I aplogise for the pixelated line. I didn't scan the drawings at a high enough resolution. For the sake of a colour model it didn't matter, but obviously the real clean up wont look like that.








Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Just a reminder (and a little more)

I'm sure Kayla will post what we discussed today at the meeting, but a few quick things.

Clean ups are due next week, on the 28th. Please put them in the reel

Your FINAL SCENE, COMPOSITED, MUST MUST MUST MUST MUST BE IN BY APRIL 7 (MONDAY)

THIS IS THE ABSOLUTE FINAL DEADLINE. We need several days to put the entire thing together, so we (the group) really need to be strict about this.

LASTLY (this is really important)

I cannot stress this enough. If you find you are falling behind, or having trouble with a scene/layout/cleanup, please do not HESITATE to let the group know, or ask for help. No one should be embarrassed about this, as we all work at different paces and I know everyone is giving it their all, so it's not like we've been slacking off or anything. That way we can catch it before it gets too late, and get our stuff in on time. :)

And a little boost for morale:

I don't know about you guys, but considering our circumstances I'm really impressed we've gotten this much done. It's really coming together, and while it's got its imperfections, it's getting along for a (rather ambitious) student film :)

So far, we haven't lost any group members, no one's MIA, and no fights have broken out yet ;) We've been pretty communicative as a group, and hearing what some of the other groups are going through, I for one am pretty glad to be a part of this one.

I know we're all really tired. I know we're all stressed. This whole business of finding a co op placement, along with such a short time for post production, hits you really hard. Half of us are sick with either the flu, or some strand of mutated animation cold, and the other half either just recovered, or will be getting it soon (knock on wood). We're here late, we're here early, our families think we've been kidnapped and killed (if only), and then you look back on your animation and think: "GodDAMNIT. This looks TERRIBLE"

Don't get discouraged guys. I know it's so freaking hard right now to not just give up, and have a half assed film in the end. I know it can be really frustrating, and we're all making our fair share of mistakes, but this whole year is really trial and error. I think more then having this film in the end, we have the experience of making a film, and whether you loved it, or hated it, the experience is better then not having done it at all.

We are SO close to finishing this year, and we've got a good chance of finishing the film as well. Juggling great animation and meeting deadlines is hard, but imagine how rewarding it would be to be one of the groups that actually finishes. We will have earned all the bitching we'll do the second we hand it in (not that it will stop us) and then go lord it in everyone elses faces (kidding)! I look at our reel, and while I can see rough spots, I can see the effort everyone's put in, and I know that in doing this, we've all improved, and yeah go ahead and deny it, but years back you'll look back on this and agree, that it's been a great learning experience.

Anyways, have a great easter weekend, and get some rest in. We're all working our butts off, and with having to juggle a film, classwork, and finding a placement, I hope everyone makes the best of their Friday off!

<3<3<3 Tracy :D

Friday, March 14, 2008

clean up

hi guys, just want to bring up couple of questions for cleaning up.

1. use pencil, mechanical pencil (HB or 2B) or pen?
which one should we use, i know some of us have started cleaning up already, but we should
try to use same type of tool to clean up to give the same overall final finishing, regardless of
thick outline or not.
2. cleanup of all your animation is due next wednesday, so please if people could push towards
that deadline. if you keep pushing the deadlines back, that means ur cutting into ink/paint or compositing...
3. how are we gonna scan them? we really need to think about them, so once again, the overall
visual image will look similar throughout. please jason think and bring something to the table on
our next meeting which is wednesday.
4. did i miss anything?

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

READ ME...

Rough animation needs to be in the leica reel by 7am Friday morning, for my brother, Ryan, to begin music!

Keeping this in mind, there are some technical issues that people need to be aware of…

HAINE
Beginning sq.1 sc. 25
Sq.1 sc. 37 too short
Talk to Matt about the hook-up with the TV (Death’s TV vs. ES’s)

NABZ
· Pea scenes, watch length on all of them

MATT
· Scene 11 takes up some of scene 10 (talk to Jack, make sure this works with his scene)
· Sc.5 too short
· On your first Death scene, when Death says “Defying!!” this is when his arm should come out for the first time.
· Talk to Haine about the hook-up with the TV (Death’s TV vs. ES’s)
· Death dialogue scene too short

SIYEUN
Sq.2 sc.1 just a fraction too short (maybe just 1 frame!)
Sq.2 sc. 14 too long (watch timing)
We might need to shorten the chandelier scene, check the leica for the new timing
I readjusted your ending on the Viagra scene, it’s all good, but ES needs to appear sooner so he reads better
Watch hookup with sq.3 sc.10 & 11 (Veronika’s scene) talk to each other!
Watch hook-up with sq.3 sc. 9 (Kayla’s scene) to 10, talk to Kayla

JACK
· Talk to Matt about his scene 10 (it takes up some of your scene 11 time)
· Talk to Tracy about hook-up sq.3 sc5 to 6 (Tracy’s scene). Your scene is taking up some of Tracy’s time.

TRACY
Talk to Jack about hook-up sq.3 sc5 (Jack’s scene) to 6. His scene is taking up some of your time.
Scythe scene too short
Look to Igor’s “death monolog” scene (sq. 1), gestures should be visually similar

VIVIAN
Sq.1 sc.36 too short, watch your timing
Sq.2 sc.34 way too short, watch your timing
Because Jack’s sq.1 sc. 35 shoots out of frame, maybe apply this to the very beginning of your sc. 36 (like he shoots into yours or has the after effects, squash and stretch)

JASON
Sq.2 sc. 26 too short

KAYLA
Pan, make it longer

VERONIKA
S3. Sc. 11 too short
Watch hookup with sq.3 sc.10 (Siyeun’s scene) & 11 talk to each other

IGOR
Sq.1. sc. 9 too short
Watch the hook-up between sq.1 sc. 15 to 16 (arm)

KAYLA – all scenes in
HAINE – all scenes in
JASON – all scenes in
VERONIKA – all scenes in
JACK – all scenes in
NABEEL – missing 1 scene (DQ scene)
TRACY – missing 1 scene (ES falling)
VIVIAN – missing 3 scenes
SIYEUN – missing 1 scene (chandelier)
MATT – missing 3 scenes
IGOR – missing 3 scenes
RORY – missing all scenes
FRANK - missing all scenes

MEETING FRIDAY AT 11 BE THERE! ON TIME!!!!


Final Leica Reel...Again

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

DQ- HI ALL

did anyone want to meet earlier this week to talk, since we did not meet last week

cheers

DQ

Thursday, March 6, 2008

Vast Desert Rough


Hey guys, heres a rough concept for the vast desert background, any feedback would be good so i can start finalizing this :) -- cheers

- Nabs

Wednesday, March 5, 2008

READ ME!

So everyone knows...

NEXT WEDNESDAY ROUGHS ARE DUE!
and your scenes MUST be put within the leica before the meeting at 1.

Cut Leica

Hey guys, sorry I took so long to do this. The final leica is cut and ready in premiere, and is in the same file as the leica file, called work_reel CUT (I left the original file in case we needed it for something else)

Let me know if I didn't label it clearly enough.

-Tracy

Sunday, March 2, 2008

props design for bg



in case if u've not seen this on the server: for the tracks, clouds, rocks and cactus.
again, rough layouts are due this wed. and workbook will be checked tomorrow.

Friday, February 29, 2008

PLEASE WAIT UNTIL AT LEAST NEXT WEEK TO BEGIN CLEAN UP!

Hey guys, I'm in a hurry so I will make this quick. I hadn't really though about all of this in depth before reading Jason's post below, but now that I have had time to ponder it I thought I would just make sure to state the situation clearly:

PLEASE WAIT TO BEGIN CLEAN UP UNTIL AT LEAST NEXT WEEKS MEETING.

I don't want to discourage people who want to get their work done from doing so, but the fact is that we have not decided on a clean up style, and that without having your rough animation checked you could be spending extra time cleaning animation that doesn't work. I JUST DON'T WANT TO HAVE TO HAVE ANYONE DO WORK THAT WILL HAVE TO BE RE-DONE. So if people are enthusiastic and want to get their work done, that is awesome, but I would suggest getting all of your layouts and animation done in rough at this point and wait to move on to clean up. The rough stage should be enough work to keep everyone busy until at least next Wednesday anyway.


Thanks and sorry to slow anyone up if they were hoping to clean up now. I'm just trying to be realistic.


Rory.

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Cleaning Up and Painting

Hi everyone,

Hope you're having a good reading week so far!

What I want to talk about is that we need to at least start thinking about cleaning up and painting. Like How thin/thick outlines should be, what should be used for cleaning up (for consistency), what tool should be used for painting our animation, etc.

I was hoping we could have a discussion about this in our next group meeting.

Thanks!

workbook and rough layouts dates!

Hi all, hope every1 is having a great reading week.
a reminder, Haine and I have still not recieved all the workbook in the server. I know most of you have done it, but for others please have it on the server by coming monday(march03).
We will do tracking as of monday.
workbook not on the server are: Frank, Rory, Igor, Matt. (maybe im missing a few,
but if its you, then do it!)


you need to scan them and put them on server, if your not going to be at school before monday and thus cannot get to a school server,then please upload it on the blog and we'll check you off accordingly. Haine and I will start reviewing the workbook as of monday.

Also, Rough layouts for all your scenes are due, please include rough animation pose(s) as well. The due date for rough layout will be track on march 05 during our meeting. if you don't show up, well, you don't get tracked then.

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

ORGANIZATIONAL STUFF

Hey everyone, I apologize in advance for the cold, no-nonsense tone of the following post. But this organizational stuff has to get done, and I want to state the situation as clearly as possible.

IMPORTANT PLEASE READ THE WHOLE POST


Ok, so there has been some confusion surrounding the Leica and sound files. Steps have been taken to correct this, and it should no longer be an issue. First of all, Kayla has fixed the Leica, so thanks to her for that, it will come in very handy later on when we set about doing a final edit!

Second, I have set it up so that no one should need the Leica to animate their scenes, and have put together a workreel that uses only 3 source files for everyone to use should they need it.

HERE IS HOW THE SYSTEM WORKS:

THE ANIMATION SCENES FOLDER

As you all know, in the ANIMATION SCENES folder there are individual folders for every scene in the film.

There are now 3 files in each scene folder:

1. The Storyboard for the scene.
2. The Dialogue Track for the scene
(containing relevant SFX)
3. A low-res MPEG video of the
scene for you to watch.

When you go to start a scene first go to the folder for that scene and watch the video so you know what you are dealing with in terms of action, time, and dialogue etc.

For your audio, please use the audio tracks from these folders, as they are up to date and have been rendered out with only the dialogue and relevant SFX so that they are easier to dope.

The storyboard is primarily there just so that you can check to make sure everything you have is from the same scene. I think everything should be present and accounted for, but with so many numbers it is all too easy to misplace a file or two, so if something doesn't match between the board, the video, and the audio track it is your job to ask questions and get the issue fixed.

THE WORKREEL

I have also created a WORKREEL folder. In side this folder is a Premiere file for the Workreel and the 3 source files it uses (an MPEG render of the Leica, and a WAV of just the Dialogue and a WAV of just the Music/FX). Because of its simplicity this is primarily the file everyone will be using, not the Leica. Tracy will be splicing it into scenes some time soon. There are two main uses for this Workreel:

1. If there are problems with the files in one of your scene folders, you could go and render out new audio or video from this file (using the method Kayla showed in her post). Because there are 3 audio tracks you can select whether you want dialogue, SFX/Music, or both by turning the little speaker button on or off for each track before rendering. (Unless there are real problems please use the audio from the scene folder.)

2. After a shot is checked, approved and tracked at each stage of production (Ruff-Clean-Final) it will be your responsibility to then edit it into the WORKREEL. Place the video on the proper track above the previous version of the scene to replace it. Do not cut or delete anything, just stack them. At full opacity only the video on the top level will be seen.

THE ANIMATION HANDINS FOLDER

I have created an ANIMATION HANDINS folder.
THIS IS HOW I WILL BE TRACKING ANIMATION. In this folder there are 13 folders, one for each PLAN B member. When you have a scene done first in Ruff and then in Clean you place it in the folder with your name on it. I cannot sort through the nearly 100 scene folders to see if you have submitted any new scenes for animation checking and tracking, so these will be the only folders I look at to see your work.

There is a README file in the ANIMATION HANDINS folder that explains how the system works and how to name your files. Please give it a read.

Generally speaking it would be a good idea to submit your ruff animation and wait for animation check and approval/tracking before you begin to clean it up, just in case something needs to be changed, at which point having already started clean up would be a big waste of time. The same goes for moving on from Clean Up to Ink&Paint, and from one stage of Layout to another as well.


THE LEICA REEL

The most current version of the Leica reel has been rendered out as an HD MPEG file and is located in the main EvilStevil folder.
Please watch it as soon as possible so that you know where your scenes fit in, and if there was anything about them that has changed or that you hadn't noticed before. Also, when you go to start a scene please refer to this file and watch that scene in the context of the film with the scenes around it so that you know everything that is happening with it. Up to this point any confusion regarding your scenes and what is happening in them has not really been anyones fault, and for my part I apologize for not having posted all of this to the server a week ago. However, from now on it is your responsibility to watch the Leica and check out your scenes, and to make sure that you understand them.

NOTE: There have been some changes made to the dialogue etc. so make sure you watch your scenes again (in the leica and/or in the scene folder video clip), and make sure they are either the same as before or that you take note of the changes.


I think that should just about wrap it up. Obviously no system is fool proof and if there are issues don't hesitate to ask myself or anyone else in the group. Group emails or blog posts are a good way to do this if the person you need to ask is not at school. If there are any initial questions post them in the comments section of this post and I will try to respond ASAP. Thanks for your patience everyone, and I hope that this new organization will help us all get through the next 7 weeks.

- Rory


(P.S. To the person assigned to SEQUENCE 1 SCENE 36 the one where ES sees the pea land and runs up stairs:
In the newest version of the Leica I divided this scene into 2 parts, as we had discussed at a group meeting. This is just one way to solve the problem we had with this scene, and it can be discussed more later on. I would hold off devoting too much time to this scene until all of your other scenes are done, because it may still be subject to change. Thanks.)

THE LEICA REEL

I have gone through and FIXED the premiere problem, it will no longer ask you for EVERY single file (only one) READ the following to make your life easier!
TO USE THE AUDIO IN MAGPIE
  1. open Premiere again
  2. import your newly exported audio clips
  3. one by one re-export them through file>export>audio
  4. open magpie
  5. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE SETTINGS TO 24 Frames/Sec or your frame rate will be wrong!
  6. rememeber magpie includes the zero frame, so if it finishes on 24 it really means you have 23 frames.

HOPE THIS HELPS!!

Friday, February 22, 2008

LAYOUT REFERENCE!!







Here you go guys :D
have fun drawing layouts!! :D!!
have a nnnnnnnnice reading week !

Thursday, February 21, 2008

Answer

You're right Jack, no one has put together a character line up. Sorry about that, I had forgotten all about it until I read you're question. Ultimately it will be as simple as going into photoshop, lifting the 3/4 front drawings from the existing model sheets, putting them on one sheet, and scaling them accordingly. Perhaps we can get around to that tomorrow sometime.

For now the important thing to know is that ES comes up to just below Death's chest level. Frank and I did the model sheets for Death and ES apart, so we never set a standard head size. In fact, I think ES head would have to be smaller (or at least shorter because his chin sticks out horizontally). Death first of all is huge (he is bigger than any mortal) and second he has a very long head (vertically) meaning that his heads are worth more height on a model sheet chart than ES's are.

I hope that clears things up a bit. We will create a size comparison sheet as soon as possible which should further clarify the situation.

Also, remember: we can cheat the sizes a bit from time to time if it helps us tell the story, especially since everyone in the audience knows that Death is magical.

Rory

question

hi, i checked the model sheet for both death and ES and they're both very good.
but in terms of height relationships, we know death is taller. But by how much?
Rory's model sheet has ES of 4.5 heads tall. Frank's death is 5 heads tall.
but it seems that death should be much taller.
can one of you clarify this?
also, ES's head height is roughly the same as death's death height?
please make this clear for us, thanks again guys!

ALSO, i've put exterior props design on the server, that includes: rock formation, clouds, cactus,
track designs for the jump.
if i get a chnace, ill also post them here on the blog.

Monday, February 18, 2008

Wednesday's OFFICIAL GROUP MEETING

LAYOUT AND CHARACTER ANIMATION POW-WOW!

Hey everyone, with a lot of the organizational stuff out of the way we can get back to the creative side of things. This week's official group meeting (after Tony's production meeting) will be very important for everyone to attend so that we are all on the same page going into reading week! I have talked to Haine and Frank and the three of us will be giving little talks to help everyone with drawing the Layouts and the Characters.

The tentative agenda (subject to change and input from the group) would be:

1. Taking care of business - discuss any potential issues that people may have:
if people need some suggestions or help with their scenes, if there
are any remaining organizational issues to resolve, if there are any
designs that still require group approval (ex. the wheelchair for
Jason's scene), or anything else that people have on their minds...

2. Big Layout Talk and Q&A (by Haine and Jack)

3. Big Character Talk and Q&A (by Frank and Rory)

Does that sound good to everyone?

Rory

Saturday, February 16, 2008

Organization

Hey everybody,

Sorry again for missing Friday, but as I mentioned on Wed. I had to go home on Thursday.

I just wanted to say: to everyone who helped get us organized over the past few weeks (I have a feeling that Kayla played a big role in that, but there were likely others as well), you did a great job and many thanks. I'm sure it was no small task to hand out our massive pile of scenes, create the shot list to keep track of it all, and making those awesome folders... so my hat is off to all those who did such a great job of all of this. It is not the most fun job in the world but it is very important for all of us. So thanks again!

I hope everyone has a great weekend and a happy family day!

Rory

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Wheelchair Model

I forgot to mention this in the meeting today. lol

Since my DQ scene has wheelchair in it, I need the finalized wheelchair design. I'm gonna start animating by this weekend probably so I was wondering what to do.

Or is the one Igor made a while ago the one to use?

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

DQ- about being on Model

you all are ruff animating a scene of the evil or death, next week is the final week of RUFF animating the scene
if you all used a ruff working model of evil or death it should be close
in fact it has been my experience that even if you all had a final model , your Models would still look different
but you will all have an idea of what works and what does not based on what you have been doing in your animation class
It is best to put together a final model based on what you all have contributed from the animation you are doing
we can meet as a group and discuss what you feel looks good and works then you can get someone to finalize the model for all of you to finalize your animation
then when you do the clean up of the scene you can put the character design on model

NO characters are ever on model at the beginning of a production, especially when the character is new and you have to discover them...

Do not worry if you have started other scenes, you are only in the ruffing stage and once you have gone thru the pose test and ruff animation , you should have a model to work from

I also want to go over the model with who ever designs it or even the other characters and
who ever creates the final models should also give a chalk talk to the group on how to keep it on model

thanks

DQ

Sunday, February 3, 2008

Snapegator


I havent posted in a while....thought you might be interested to see my approach on the snapegator (thats the name I came up with lol) but yeah...let me know what you think.

- Nabs

Saturday, February 2, 2008

Design Pack Stuff...



Here is my part! :D

Friday, February 1, 2008

WORKBOOK





Here are some of my wrokbook ideas. Tell me what you think!


DQ- by the way

Hiya

by the way could someone post the latest story reel so I can entertain myself during the snow storm?

DQ- Happy snow day

HI Plan Bees

seems we are going to miss our meeting today.....
if you have anything to show me or ask let me know on the blog
I will try to check it thu the day and weekend

DQ

Design Pack - Death







Thursday, January 31, 2008

Me Again :P







Here are the designs for the animals and monsters

I originally wanted to make them more complicated, and kinda like Evil Stevil

But who are we kidding that'd be hell to animate.

Any concerns or suggestions, feel free to comment.

See you all tomorrow :) These will be uploaded to the server too. If any of the managers has a tracking sheet they use online, can they send it to me? Apparently I have to track stuff too :P

-Tracy

Sound Room

We have it at our usual time guys.

Tracy

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Design Pack Templates







Hi guys, to make it easier, here are five jpgs for the design pack templates

They are labeled Effects, Misc, Character, Layout, and Props

I can make more for different categories, just drop me a line and let me know. It's easier this way, so all the templates are the same, and we don't get variations in font and it looks all nice

Just right click and save :)

DQ

HI all

just curios if you were able to get the new story reel worked out
if you did could you post a version for me to look at

things are looking great

DQ

Monday, January 28, 2008

Important Wednesday Meeting

Just a reminder to everyone that this wednesday's meeting after Tony's class is an important one for everyone to attend.
Regardless of whats going on, we're going to divy up the story board to begin work book. That also includes chosing your scene that you'll be animating for DQ.
Wednesday Jan 30 @ 4pm

Friday, January 25, 2008

Evil Stevil Jumps Again - FINAL Leica Reel

Here it is guys. Lets make this thing.

Thursday, January 24, 2008

Layouts!




some layouts i've been doing past few days.

i was thining we could include these for designpack.

Design pack template

Is now on the server, in the main folder, named ESJA template.

There are spaces to fill out your name, check off if it is rough or clean, and on the bottom right it says effects:

Depending on what you are doing, please change this to either characer, layout, prop, effect, or misc.

Any questions, feel free to contact me :)

If you don't want to scan and do it on photoshop, I can post a blank jpeg here for people to print off, and then tape and photocopy!

Tracy

MEETINGS

from now on we have meetings...

WEDNESDAY @ 4 (after Tony's Class)

FRIDAY @ 12 (an hour after Natalie's Class)

but this Friday we are going to meet at 11 so we can view the leica, then see DQ at 12 to talk more about it.

This is EVERY WEEK, not just this one so be prepaired to meet every Wed. and Fri.

______________________________________________

Coming up Deadlines...
  • Week 4: Leica Reel
  • Week 4: Design Pack

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Regarding today's meeting.

Hello all,
todays meeting right after tony's class was fantastic and it seems we are in good shape for the weekend.

So to keep everyone feel organized, i'll post up whatever happened as of now and what would happen in the future.

Today Frank and Rory are working on leica reel.
This will be done by friday 11:00AM and we are going to look at it as a group.
We have DQ at 12:00 noon to discuss and show our finished leica reel.

For the design pack:
Rory is working on ES modelsheet

Frank is working on Death modelsheet

me, Jack and Nika (as I know of ) 'WILL' be working and did work on some on Location designs for Designpack.

I know that Tracy is working on prop designs.

I don't know about others but I will help out with Prop designs as well if things need to be done!

TRACY SIYEON and I are meeting up 12:00 pm on Sunday to work on cropping storyboard!

I posted this as a reference because it will be easy for us to track and refer to since we know whos working on what. Also helps other people who are working on designpack.

Monday, January 21, 2008

Meeting tomorrow?

Do we have a group meeting tomorrow? Sorry for my dumbness. >.<

Prop List

Sorry for the delay, I've not had access to a computer till now


TV
miniature jump
can of peas
couch
scythe

THE JUMP props

obstacle rings
chandalier
shark/alligator tank
tunnel of toxic waste
snake-gator-ape
wheelchair
podium

I'm not sure if some of these should go into the list as props or not and if miscalenious objects around ES's shack should be handled as props or up to layout crew to design [trophies, postings on the wall, miscalenious funiture ets.]

feel free to add props to the list that you think need to be there

Saturday, January 19, 2008

List of Props

Just wondering if the list has been made yet so we can start working on it over the weekend + Monday?

Thursday, January 17, 2008

tomorrow meeting at 12!

hi guys,
tomorrow's meeting with DQ at 12, please show up.
Haine and I will be looking at layout with char stylization assignments and going over.
feel free to pitch in art work. i konw its a very late post, next time ill make sure to
post it in advance. also, i have written this assginemtn on our little date boards by matt's and
vivian's desk so if your not sure, check over there.

Sound recording

I received an email from Geoff Milne re: sound recording

Our slot is our usual fav, 10-12 on tuesday. See you there :)

-Tracy

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Layout Exercise #2

Hello yall!
today I had some nice discussion with jack and vivian about our layout designs and styles.
we went over each others drawing and made comments on whether or not they fit the current character designs.

So in order to see if they go together, Jack and I thought we could do a rough layout with evil stevil character in it.

feel free to use your artistic abilities to change the current evil stevil design to fit your own layout style that collaborates the both.

and.. in tracking wise, we are thinking by Friday we can bring these in and discuss as a small group or in a group meeting if we r going to have one

So 1 drawing of layout + the character in it by friday 18th..

have a nice day folks!
(oh and again, if you like to do one also, please feel free to do them and your name will be tracked on that certain exercise.)

Saturday, January 12, 2008

DQ-New Meeting time

HI ALL

Nice to see you all back and being proactive

just wanted to confirm our meeting time is Fridays at 12noon

If you wanted to meet on tuesday after 4pm to go over stuff let me know

DQ

Friday, January 11, 2008

ATTENTION: Story Team, and ANIM, LAYOUT, BG & INK/PAINT Supervisors

STORY TEAM: MEETING 4pm SUNDAY
Just a friendly reminder that we have a story meeting on Sunday starting around 4pm. We'll probably be working well into the night because Monday is our day off, so if possible plan to be there a while. I will bring copies of the script as well as my laptop. Please bring as many post-it notes as you can - I am running out and I forgot to buy more while the bookstore was open. (There is also the potential for a meeting on Monday afternoon or evening, but we can decide that while we are together.)

LAYOUT, BG PAINT, INK & PAINT and ANIMATION SUPERVISORS: POTENTIAL FOR MEETING WEEK 2
Hey guys, I was wondering about the possibility of having a small meeting with the supervisors of layout, BG, animation, and ink & paint (as well as anyone else who wants to be there) this coming week so that we might have a focused discussion about organization. Specifically how we are going to organize the production pipeline and network folder-system so that we can work together to effectively manage all of the artwork that is going to be produced. We need to have a coherent system that works for our group and our film so that things go as smoothly as possible once we start into production, and gives us what we need to go into post-production. I know the teachers, especially Tony, will have advice for us on this matter, but I have a gut feeling that we should be proactive on this and get started ourselves as soon as possible. Let me know what you guys think!

Well, that's it for now. Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Rory

Thursday, January 10, 2008

ATTN: Layout People

------------THIS POST is to LAYOUT PEOPLE---------------------

hello everyone!

today was a great meeting, everyone showed up and we all had nice discussions about our film.

In order to get our design pack ready, Jack and I discussed what layout people can do in order to prepare.

I think we can do Style exploration + location designs such as:
1. The desert
2. ES shack(exterior)
3. Podium & stage area.

i didn't put ES shack interior because it is going to tie in with the storyboard crew.

Jack and I was thinking about 2 drawings per person, clean rough and color if u want.

I don't know who else volunteered to do layout other than jack, vivian, nabz and I...
if you would like to contribute, please feel free to do them !! :D
but if u were already assigned to Designpack crew.. don't forget to put that into priority first..!

lets have these drawings by tuesday meeting and present to fellow mates.

have a nice day !:D

Tuesday, January 8, 2008

meeting on THURSDAY!!!!

hello everyone,
I asked around people today in lifedrawing class and it seems like people are free on Thursdays.
So I thought it is important to notify everybody about the next meeting time.
MEETING is on THURSDAY 1:00PM and its most likely be about Finalizing our Story.

whatever gets discussed and decided on thursday would likely be set in STONE... :)

so. . please attend!

------------------------------------------------------------

I just wanted to throw in some kind of content of meeting.

1. VOTE: OLD IDEA vs NEW IDEA
- everyone has to say their opinion regarding two different ideas. NO WHATEVER.. :)

2. then we can move on to 3 acts.
- take each act and lay out the events BEAT BY BEAT. (that way we can always use the BEAT SCRIPT later on too, if we get stuck doing layout or animation etc.)
- we also decide necessary dialogues

3. Finally, we finish the meeting with Finalized BEAT SCRIPT that someone can type up a good copy. :D

------------------------------------------------------------

if i missed any important steps up there.. please feel free to add comments!:D

Thursday, January 3, 2008

Back to the Grind: IMPORTANT DATE!

hey guys. I've been speaking with Rory and we realised that our class has monday off. So we figured why not take advantage of that opportunity. So on Monday Jan 7. at 11am lets all meet in the studio for a full day of work on the film. I believe we could get a lot done and there is no reason why we shouldn't be able to dedicate this entire day to progress on the film.
to re-cap what happened over the break, we had some really good debates and the general consensus seems to be that death is now Evil Stevils adversary. Based on everyones input, this seems liek it will work a lot better without disturbing our existing story too much. I'm not sure how many people have moved forward from this..Rory and I have done some beat scripting individually, and ive done some thumb nail boards. Whatever the case, I think it's extremely important that we meet on monday.
Monday Jan 7 @ 11am

see you all there. enjoy the remainder of the break.


found this pic. and it made me think of Evil Stevil's shack. ha!

robbie maddison